Click to toggle map/satellite view.
Click to zoom in/out.
Drag to move.
From Google Maps.
Blennerville was originally called Cathair Uí Mhóráin.
Sir Rowland Blennerhassett, 1st Baronet
He re-named it "Blennerville" after his family.
Blennerville was the old port for Tralee
(before the Tralee Ship Canal built).
In early 19th century Blennerville was the centre of the
Munster grain trade.
Fine Georgian houses built on Main St,
Blennerville went into decline in mid-late 19th century because of:
Blennerville Bridge was built 1751 by
Col. John Blennerhassett,
think the place was not yet called Blennerville,
the bridge takes most of the traffic
to and from the Dingle Peninsula,
it was strengthened and enlarged 1996.
The approach to Blennerville from the Tralee side,
showing Blennerville Bridge and, in the distance,
See full size.