Capt. Robert Blennerhassett, of Castle Conway
Capt. Robert Blennerhassett
of Castle Conway, born est c.1622,
Irish Confederate Wars
mar Avice Conway
[descendant of Edward III
Castle Conway, Killorglin
which now passed into the Blennerhassett family],
he was MP for Tralee 1674 (NOT 1634),
High Sheriff of Co.Kerry 4th Jan - 23rd Nov 1682 [O'Kief
Avice drowned at sea in April
1683 (NOT 1663),
she was bur in the private Chapel at Castle Conway,
(chapel and memorial are now vanished),
John Blennerhassett, "Black Jack", of Castle Conway, born est c.1665.
- Conway Blennerhassett.
- Thomas Blennerhassett, born est c.1670,
supporter of William of Orange,
imprisoned at Galway and Dublin with his brother Black Jack, 1689-90,
will dated 1743,
[Burkes Irish, 1976] says fl c.1773
but this is unlikely, more likely that will proved 1743, age est c.73 yrs,
- Avice Blennerhassett, mar Rev Thomas Collis
and had issue:
- Jane Collis,
mar 1stly to Frederick Mullins,
mar 2ndly to Rev. Arthur Herbert.
- Mary Collis, mar John Spring.
- Martha Collis, mar John Gun.
- Alice Blennerhassett, mar her 1st cousin Thomas Hurly and had issue.
- Jane Blennerhassett,
mar 1stly (NOT 2ndly) to her 1st cousin John Hurly,
mar 2ndly, 9th Feb 1731 (think NOT Aug) to
Maurice O'Connell and had issue.
- Henry Blennerhassett, of Gortmasherry, Co.Kerry, born est c.1675.
- Catherine Blennerhassett, mar Richard McLoughlin and had issue:
- Avice McLoughlin, mar c.1704 to John Mason
[see MASON in [King]]
and had issue:
- James Mason, had issue:
- Elizabeth Mason, mar 1760 to Dr. Robert Emmet and had issue.
- John Mason, mar Jane Hurly.
- Avice Blennerhassett, mar Thomas Spring and had issue:
- Francis Spring, had issue:
- John Spring, mar Mary Collis.
- Alice Blennerhassett, mar Walter Spring and had issue:
- Avice Spring, mar Thomas Blennerhassett and had issue.
- Lucy Blennerhassett, mar Jean Plaguavan and had issue:
- Jane Plaguavan, mar John Poujade and had issue:
- Mary Poujade,
mar Henry Blennerhassett and had issue.
- Anne Blennerhassett, mar 1701 to Dennis Hurly and had issue.