Capt. Robert Blennerhassett, of Castle Conway
The remaining ruined wall of Castle Conway
Now in a beer garden.
Capt. Robert Blennerhassett
of Castle Conway, born est c.1622,
Irish Confederate Wars
mar perhaps around 1660 to
[descendant of Edward III
Castle Conway, Killorglin
which now passed into the Blennerhassett family,
he was MP for
1674 (NOT 1634),
High Sheriff of Co.Kerry 4th Jan - 23rd Nov 1682 [O'Kief
the old Castle Conway was a
ruin as at 1682,
Avice drowned at sea in April
1683 (NOT 1663),
she was bur in the chapel at Castle Conway,
see her now-vanished
tomb at Castle Conway
John Blennerhassett, "Black Jack", of Castle Conway, born est c.1665.
- Conway Blennerhassett.
- Thomas Blennerhassett, born est c.1670,
supporter of William of Orange,
imprisoned at Galway and Dublin with his brother Black Jack, 1689-90,
will dated 1743,
[Burkes Irish, 1976] says fl c.1773
but this is unlikely, more likely that will proved 1743, age est c.73 yrs,
- Avice Blennerhassett, mar Rev Thomas Collis
and had issue:
- Jane Collis,
mar 1stly to Frederick Mullins,
mar 2ndly to Rev. Arthur Herbert.
- Mary Collis, mar John Spring.
- Martha Collis, mar John Gun.
- Alice Blennerhassett, mar her 1st cousin Thomas Hurly and had issue.
- Jane Blennerhassett,
mar 1stly (NOT 2ndly) to her 1st cousin John Hurly,
mar 2ndly, 9th Feb 1731 (think NOT Aug) to
Maurice O'Connell and had issue.
- Henry Blennerhassett, of Gortmasherry, Co.Kerry, born est c.1675.
- Catherine Blennerhassett, mar Richard McLoughlin and had issue:
- Avice McLoughlin, mar c.1704 to John Mason
[see MASON in [King]]
and had issue:
- James Mason, had issue:
- Elizabeth Mason, mar 1760 to Dr. Robert Emmet and had issue.
- John Mason, mar Jane Hurly.
- Avice Blennerhassett, mar Thomas Spring and had issue:
- Francis Spring, had issue:
- John Spring, mar Mary Collis.
- Alice Blennerhassett, mar Walter Spring and had issue:
- Avice Spring, mar Thomas Blennerhassett and had issue.
- Lucy Blennerhassett, mar Jean Plaguavan and had issue:
- Jane Plaguavan, mar John Poujade and had issue:
- Mary Poujade,
mar Henry Blennerhassett and had issue.
- Anne Blennerhassett, mar 1701 to Dennis Hurly and had issue.