- Sources yet to be consulted:
Dr. James Blennerhassett Mary Conacher, born 31st Oct 1916.
, Kingston, Ontario.
Medal in History. MA 1938. Nuffield fellow.
University of Toronto
He mar Muriel Foley
[born Grand Falls
, Newfoundland, Canada, Mar 1919].
dau of William Foley by his wife Helen Mary Coffey, dau of David Coffey and Bridget Manning.
See Muriel Foley
by Carmelita Coffey
She was a
nurse in WW2
Jim was an
Associate Professor as at 1958.
He specialised in 19th century British history.
He contributed to
The Gladstonian turn of mind: essays presented to J.B. Conacher
edited by Bruce L. Kinzer,
University of Toronto Press, 1985.
Benjamin Disraeli Letters
vol 3 (1987)
and vol 4 (1989)
and vol 5 (1993).
They lived Toronto.
He was author of these books:
- Party Politics in the Age of Palmerston, 1959.
- The Aberdeen Coalition 1852-55, 1968.
- The Peelites and the Party System, 1846-52, 1972.
- Waterloo to the Common Market, 1975 (textbook).
- Britain and the Crimea, 1855-1856, 1987.
Jim died 1993, age 77 yrs.
Muriel lived Toronto, died June 2005, age 86 yrs.
Jim and Muriel
- Madeline Conacher,
mar Louis Allen.
- Desmond Conacher.
DNA match with various people. See below.
He mar Kim Chown and had issue:
- Adam Conacher, mar Carolyn Ager and had issue:
- Benjamin Desmond Conacher.
- Madeline Catherine Conacher.
- Kate Anna Conacher.
- Megan Conacher, mar David Bastedo.
DNA match with all of the following: