John Blennerhassett, of Flimby
of Flimby Hall
He purchased the
Manor of Flimby in 1547.
He had issue:
of Flimby Hall, Flimby, Cumberland.
granted lands in Ireland in 1590.
Ancestor of Blennerhassett of Co.Kerry.
Almost all male line Blennerhassetts in the world today seem to descend from the Irish branch.
The Cumberland male line seems extinct.
Flimby Hall, E end of Wedgwood Road,
(thus spelt now),
on coast, Cumberland (Cumbria).
Manor purchased by
who was granted lands in Ireland in 1590.
succeeded to Flimby in 1765.
He built the new Flimby Hall (the current building) in 1766.
initials "W.B." and date 1766
William Blennerhassett sold it out of the family in 1772.
It is now Flimby Hall farm.
Flimby Hall, Flimby, Cumbria.
Click to rotate.
Google Street View
on 1867 map.
Flimby Hall is the building above and to the left of the word
Flemby townland, Ballymacelligott par, SE of Tralee, Co.Kerry,
1829 to 1842 map
is named after the Blennerhassetts' ancestral English home of
See modern satellite view