Things to do - Flanagan
[Voters of Dublin city, 1835].
- Go through known ones again.
Images now online.
- Find more Flanagan deeds.
- Find later Greenhills deeds
and work backwards to prove they reference earlier deeds.
- Have searched HODSON to FLANAGAN 1800-1924.
- Transfer of Greenhills around 1940 from Flanagan to Kavanagh.
- Have searched (FLANAGAN or HODSON) to (KAVANAGH or FLANAGAN), 1925-54. Nothing found.
Hodson and Flanagan deeds
Where did I first get the references for the Hodson and Flanagan deeds?
They first appear on my site in
in [LR] is a deed of 15th May 1816, Hartley Hodson, of Green Park, Co.Westmeath,
to "Denis and William Flanagan", think of land in or near Greenhills, Tallaght
in [LR] is a deed of 20th Jan 1825, Denis and William Flanagan to Andrew Corcoran,
and another, 27th Nov 1825, Corcoran and Flanagan to Richard Guiney
Where did I get them? If in LR why did I not note the full references?
And anyway, the second 1825 deed is not in the LR.
Other land records
- [NLI Ms].
- Estate papers of Hodson,
- Sandes of Greenville.
Moore (and later Stack) may have worked on the estate.
- RIA - Liam Cosgrave and W.T. Cosgrave papers.
Any Flanagan material?
Flanagan and Maguirk in 1798 and 1803 Risings
- Looking for
Michael or Edmond or Dennis Flanagan
- Rebellion Papers.
- Have searched FLANAGAN and MAGUIRK and MCGUIRK in
- "W. Flanagan" meant to be on p.112 of Main index.
Only entry on that page is:
- List of prisoners in Dublin Castle, 27 Nov 1803.
- Rathfarnham, Co.Dublin
O'Connell School, Dublin:
Canon John McGuirk papers.
- Tallaght cemetery - William grave 1874
- Search Rathfarnham graveyard (near Protestant church)
- St. James' Hospital
- Has a local history display.
To RHS of reception, down corridor.
- Had photo of Portmahon House.
Is it this photo
or a new one?
- Tralee - Visit Ballynabrennagh
Identify farms of the different O'Callaghan branches.
apparently farmed there up to
- Ardfert - Visit Liscahane
Identify Carmody farm.
It is on the main (Tralee) road.
- British Army